Share your thoughts about Coaching Health Professions Students

When Carers Need Caring

When Carers Need Caring

by Erlyn Sana -
Number of replies: 1

Thank you very much, Drs. Llanto and Malibago for this session on Stress First Aid and basic counselling tips in times of crisis. We are all undergoing a most difficult time especially because those professionals to whom we go when we need help need caring and protection themselves. I don't just mean the health professionals, but also teachers and counsellors like me. Such learned helplessness. I like the 7Cs and look-listen-link strategy; i manage with the look and listen, i discovered i don't like virtual linking, at least not until now. Please do not do lip service yourselves, please take care! 

In reply to Erlyn Sana

Re: When Carers Need Caring

by Maria Emma Alesna-Llanto -
Dear Erlyn,

Thank you for your comments.

Being in the caring profession never emphasized the need to care for the carers. we have always been socialized to be "self-less" in our service and we as Pinoys have no qualms in giving our all. Also since we are supposedly self- sufficient and great problem solvers, we should be experts in handling stress. All of these notions have been challenged in this pandemic and I do hope to the point when self-care will be part of our training/ culture as health care providers.

Now...let's take a break and go take a walk!

E