Activity #14: The role of feedback in learning

THE ROLE OF FEEDBACK IN LEARNING

THE ROLE OF FEEDBACK IN LEARNING

by Teresita Martinez -
Number of replies: 2

When I was in training, I was told that I would never be a neurologist because I don’t know how to maneuver  the neuro hammer “fluidly” … but this  was the same person (+RIP) who taught me patiently until I got to do it the “neuro” way. It worked for me, the way he challenged me and the way he was patient enough to teach me until I learned and mastered the skill.

This may be categorized as a “bad feedback” in the standards of giving and receiving feedback, but this worked effectively with me, as his words challenged me and his patience motivated me to do better.

108 words

In reply to Teresita Martinez

Re: THE ROLE OF FEEDBACK IN LEARNING

by Ma Amethyst Ypil -
I agree with you Tere that negative feedback can benefit others,it helped me too, but there is something wrong with how success is developed. It appears that we are hurt and resentful of the person who gave us unfavorable comments, but we subsequently realize that it was beneficial in some manner when we achieve the challenge that we set for ourselves. Parang ganoon yong mga mentors natin noon pero baka it doesn't work with our learners now?

77 words

In reply to Teresita Martinez

Re: THE ROLE OF FEEDBACK IN LEARNING

by Chyssa Agnelli Pauig -
I agree Doc Tere. Even a Bad feedback can help you reflect and be motivated. However it really depends on the person receiving the feedback. Lucky that you took his words as a Challenge. Because now a days, there a few students who are like that. I salute you!

49 words