Video Presentations

VP10-Who are the Millenials & Gen Z?

VP10-Who are the Millenials & Gen Z?

by Ma Amethyst Ypil -
Number of replies: 7

Hello Bechay! Sorry, we posted our video in the chat group coz we didn't see this portal earlier.

Anyway, here's the link to my VP. Thank you

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11FSC4W-0whOWw6Gg3am4qOwdBsI3UG36/view?usp=sharing

In reply to Ma Amethyst Ypil

Re: VP10-Who are the Millenials & Gen Z?

by KAYLEEN BAUTISTA -
Thanks Mitzi for your vlog! so millenial of you :)

The millenials and Gen Z, like you said are tech savvy, and tech dependent. With technology, almost everything is easily performed. Like for example, gone were the days of searching through books in the libraries... now it's just a few keys away from Google, Wikipedia. The power of technology really influenced the way we live our lives. Because everything is easily accessible, and with instant gratification, it might make this generation less likely to withstand to stress they experience in school and in the workplace? Such that they crave recognition and appreciation to the point that there is such an medal of "participation" for being on a soccer team. So that they would still feel like a winner?

Tech dependent... well, I think we have all become dependent on technology.

by Marie Lynn Fama -
Hello Mitzy! I love your video. I just found out that I am a parent of 2 children who are Millennials and 2 children who are Generation Z and that made me the "constantly hovering helicopter baby boomer generation mother". I was made aware of the different characteristics of these two generations and why my children have different personality traits. I also realized that my students fall under these two generations. So knowing about their generation characteristics will help me adjust my teaching methods.
I do agree with Kayleen that we all have become dependent on technology. So even an old generation person like me have to learn these new technologies--like posting my video properly--. Thank you, Mitzy.

by Alfonso Carlo Ancheta -
Hello Mitzi thank you for this very fun and informative video. Having a good understanding of the younger generation and the differences in the generational gaps can help us teachers understand our students better. This can help us in adjusting our content and teaching methods to help enhance their learning experiences. This can also help us create a better bridge between them as learners and us as teachers.

by Bien Francis Yap -
Thank you for the wonderful and informative video Mitzi! As part of the millennials generation, I find this video very factual as it describes me and my fellow millennials! I also learned a lot with regards to the Gen Z. As a clinical instructor and in my years of teaching interns, I have experienced both generations as students, and often times we wonder "bakit kaya ganyan mag-isip mga bata ngayon?".

Thanks to your video, as it answers my whys and gives me clarification on their manner of thinking. I can now adjust my mode of instruction, and consider their preferences in learning when preparing my demonstrations :)

by Felice Katrina Trio-Ranche -
Thank you Maam Mitzi for this video. It covered so many aspects about our present generation of learners, how they learn, and how we can adjust to accommodate both their requirements and ours. I think millennials and gen Z learners often get pre-judged and/or misjudged by their teachers. And I think that's where education starts to fail. I'm happy that this topic was included in our curriculum, and I really enjoyed how you presented it.

by Fleda Rose Castro -
Hi Dr. Mitzi,

How the video was made was also very apt to the topic you presented.

Apart from the learning insights gain, as part of the millenial generation, and having much of my schooling years within the Gen Z, the concepts were also something that led me to reflect on how educational strategies need to be flexible and adaptive to the uniqueness of learners especially nowadays.
Teaching in a non-academic platform which has exposed me to both the old and the youth, there is indeed distinct differences in the way the current generation receives and acts on their learning experiences. They can be curious about so many things and easily find answers on their own because of the many resources available, and while a classroom setting usually connotes prim and proper behavior, its quite observable how vocal the recent generations have been in learning sessions, often times volunteering knowledge to share rather than just absorbing teacher-led lectures.
Its a dynamic learning environment nowadays, and I very agree with the takeaway that our teaching strategies can so much change not only after every after each year but even when class is ongoing to be able to thrive with the uniques personalities of learners we encounter nowadays.

This is very helpful material in understanding the learners we have today. Thank you!

by Maria Elizabeth Grageda -
It will be difficult for curriculum developers to create relevant curricula if there is lack of understanding of the learners who are at the center of education. Good presentation Mitzi!