Video Presentations

VP5 - Constructivism

VP5 - Constructivism

by Alfonso Carlo Ancheta -
Number of replies: 8

The file is too big to upload in VLE so I uploaded it to GDrive. Below is the link to the GDrive folder. Thank you. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fUMmQMzHTMfzFcRUVzhSQVmfFLLoNUxx?usp=sharing

In reply to Alfonso Carlo Ancheta

Re: VP5 - Constructivism

by KAYLEEN BAUTISTA -
Thank you for a very concise and clear presentation on constructivism.

Learners do learn better if prior knowledge is already present, and then from here, the learner may analyze/construct new information, with the teacher being a facilitator. I think what is most important is that the student takes an active role in this learning theory. So I guess it really depends on the type of learner. Some prefer learning by being a recipient of information, while others prefer taking a more active role.

by Felice Katrina Trio-Ranche -
Thank you for this video. I think our assigned topics (mine is cognitivism) have a lot of overlaps in that they both consider learning an active process. The main difference I see now is maybe the amount of instructor involvement? or the weight that is placed on the learner's feelings/disposition? I'll look for more materials on this.

by Marie Lynn Fama -
Hello Alfonso Carlo! I appreciate very much your video. I am a traditional teacher and have been struggling to transform my class into the OBE approach which is grounded on constructivism theory. Your presentation has given me a lot of ideas how to do that. I think, one of the thing that I have to improve is learning to dialogue and negotiate with my students:) Thank you very much for the learning.

by Gabriel Ian Guiao -
Thank you for this clear discussion. This philosophy (or approach) is like progressivism and reconstructionism in action. Constructivism in action is something that's considered a challenge in integrating to the classroom. A challenge I'd like to keep on taking so that learners are more engaged in their learning.

by Wilfredo Ypil -
Hi AC, thanks for the informative video. It enlightened me on how to approach the students in health education where the approach is mostly learner-centered, where we, teachers, are more of facilitators with emphasis on the importance of dialogue.

by Bien Francis Yap -
Thank you for the discussion on the topic constructivism. I believe that being interactive is very essential in learning (not only for the student, but for the teacher as well). Having negotiations and dialogues helps the teacher know if the students understand the topic, and at the same time, know how the student perceives the lesson. The input of several experiences broaden the lesson and gives more meaning to the lessons being taught.

by Ma Amethyst Ypil -
Hi Alfonso, thank you for your presentation. This is another learner-centered educational philosophy that I believed everyone is now incorporating into our school setting. With the millennials and Generation Z in our respective classrooms, this philosophy is apt.

by Maria Elizabeth Grageda -
You gave a comprehensive discussion on constructivism. Is there an institution whose curriculum you think expresses this philosophy?