Video Presentations

VP4: Reconstructionism

VP4: Reconstructionism

by Gabriel Ian Guiao -
Number of replies: 8

Hello everyone! The file is too big so I will be posting the video link here. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/W7ZULEttTW8

In reply to Gabriel Ian Guiao

Re: VP4: Reconstructionism

by KAYLEEN BAUTISTA -
Absolutely loved how you presented this assignment. has the feels of a documentary. Great job Gab!

Well, with emergence of many problems in society, I guess it is a but instinct for man to try to solve these problems by doing reforms. So in currriculum planning, this learning theory allows one to be more mindful to any problems or issues that a program is having. Not just mere recognizing, but acting on these issues.

Imagine... a perfect curriculum :)

by Marie Lynn Fama -
Hello Gabriel! Your video is very inspiring. I almost cried. I think , in our own small ways, all of us have been aspiring to prepare our students for the real world, to become agents of social change independent of what is the philosophy of our school. Also, it was my first time learning about critical pedagogy - that through critiquing and reflective assessment of the society, it is possible for educators to change the world. Thank you Gabriel for these learning.

by Wilfredo Ypil -

Hi Gab,

Great video!  My philisophy is also a bit aligned towards reconstructionism with leaning towards critical pedagogy.  The aim of the learning approach to change the ills of society is quite appealing and motivates us to be creative and at the same time, critical.  Thanks for such enlightening video.

by Alfonso Carlo Ancheta -
Hello Gab, thank you for this very inspiring and informative video about Reconstructionism. Your video really challenges us to reflect upon our institution's goals, our curriculums and our own teaching philosophies.

by Bien Francis Yap -
The introduction of your video was indeed like a documentary! I learned a lot from your video. I think this is one of the best learning environments that should be implemented with how students are taught these days. Students should be more aware of their environment and their society, and not only be satisfied with what they are fed in their classrooms. They should always think of solutions on how to make the society better, and not just what their preference is.

by Felice Katrina Trio-Ranche -
Thank you for this video, Gab. My favorite part was your reflection at the end about your own experiences. I also liked the parts where you pointed out overlaps with other philosophies. I think reconstructionism ties well with progressivism in both method and purpose, and I feel that these are where my personal beliefs lean. It is sometimes difficult to connect social change with classroom lessons, but over the past few years, I've found that if you make conscious efforts every class, eventually it become second nature. And I feel that the cohort of students I am exposed to embrace this philosophy as well. They are very sociopolitically aware and active, and it makes me happy when I see them taking what they have learned and giving them real-world contexts.

by Ma Amethyst Ypil -
Wow! Thanks Gab for this wonderful video. I'm sure you are a millennial or gen Zer? While watching it I was actually imagining myself being part of the video. All nations have their own share of problems in our society and as educators and part of the society, we are just left imagining to find the right solutions to all these problems which have been in existent for many generations. As curriculum planners, we can incorporate techniques that will develop critical thinking for our learners to find solutions to every problem at hand.

by Maria Elizabeth Grageda -
Nicely presented . Would have wanted a little more elaboration on how reconstructionism is expressed in the curriculum. Good work!