Activity 2. Reflection

FRANCISCO, Mikaella Joy L. - Activity 2. Reflection

FRANCISCO, Mikaella Joy L. - Activity 2. Reflection

by Mikaella Joy Francisco -
Number of replies: 0

1. What major challenge do you think you will encounter in applying what you have learned from anatomy?
The major challenge I believe I will encounter in the application of anatomy is mostly in the recall of the structures or mechanisms. I know that one day when I work as a nurse, I will be listening to various medical professionals describe ailments or treatments using the appropriate anatomical terms and that I myself need to understand these to provide the proper treatment; however, with the limited time allotted to studying anatomy and physiology along with the other nursing subjects that I juggle it with, it has been a great challenge to fully master anatomy and be able to recall it. Sometimes, when my mom who is a nurse tells me about her patients, I can still get confused with the structures that she mentions.

2. What are your plans to overcome this challenge?
I have adjusted my studying method to be more spaced out and focused on active recall. I also try to test my knowledge often by watching scientific or medical videos related to the topics by making sure I understand the physiology or mechanisms behind the phenomena. I also try to maximize my memory by making sure it gets 'encoded' properly by sleeping as much as I can and by also going back to read past lessons so that the memory does not decay.