Activity 2. Reflection

SEVILLA, Draven Kros D. - Activity 2. Reflection

SEVILLA, Draven Kros D. - Activity 2. Reflection

by Draven Kros Sevilla -
Number of replies: 0

Activity 2

1. What major challenge do you think you will encounter in applying what you have learned from anatomy?

The major challenge that I will encounter is applying what I learned from anatomy itself, in the sense of how I will apply it and whether can I apply it appropriately during these trying times. Learning about anatomy is definitely challenging and difficult for the most part, the subject is intricate and requires a lot of attention to detail plus the memorization part, but it is fulfilling when I learn and get to be familiar with how an organ system functions. The difficult part is applying all of these concepts into actions because we don’t have a real-life application and experience to pour down our knowledge into, I believe that on-site experience and seeing scaled models with added discussions is the best way to learn anatomy. Still, learning over each section of the modules is critical and should not be frowned upon regardless of whether we can apply it or not. Lastly, retention of the lessons is quite difficult to manage, simply because of time constraints, there is a protective time for anatomy and that is much appreciated but for such a complicated subject it takes days or weeks to even grasp and learn.

2. What are your plans to overcome this challenge?

There’s not much choice aside from self-learning, eventually, it is just a matter of time before having an onsite experience of the lessons. The best way I can and could only think of is through self-studying which I have been doing for the most part up until now. Looking for resources outside of what is given to me, putting efforts into finding videos that happen in real-time, and devising my own studying routine. Things changed and it is really hard to adapt to an online setting repeatedly each year up until now, it is exhausting and brings only mediocrity. I yearn for an interactive setting where I can visualize and learn comprehensively from the discussion of the professors, but in the meantime, I’ll endure again and follow routines to survive these challenges.