Activity 2. Reflection

SENTERO, Samantha Nicole - Activity 2: Reflection

SENTERO, Samantha Nicole - Activity 2: Reflection

by Samantha Nicole Sentero -
Number of replies: 0

What major challenge do you think you will encounter in applying what you have learned from anatomy?

Confusion about the names and locations of different body parts, particularly in the muscular and skeletal systems, is my main impediment to applying what I've learned about anatomy. Looking back, it was difficult to memorize some words because some are hard to pronounce and unfamiliar to me. Some structures do look the same but can be seen in various parts of the body with different names. Moreover, being able to apply what I have learned could be difficult since I only knew each structure and parts in pictures and videos through the materials given. The actual structures will probably differ greatly from the online version that I studied. Similar to real life, it may appear difficult to adjust and deal with the struggles and obstacles, if you are unfamiliar with them.

What are your plans to overcome this challenge?

There are several different plans that can be made, but they all require discipline and diligence to be carried out and be implemented. To start, I want to overcome this difficulty by regularly reviewing the terminologies and concepts whenever I have free time. I will also continue to create mnemonics for various terms and watch educational videos regarding the various systems and their anatomical structures to make it simpler for me to remember them. Lastly, when I have adequate time, I will create flashcards and review cards because I learn best when I read and write the terms along with their definitions and functions. I have no doubt that by following these simple strategies and plans, I will be able to overcome those challenges and achieve my goal of becoming a successful medical healthcare professional.