Activity 2

GUISIHAN, Mikyla- Activity 2

GUISIHAN, Mikyla- Activity 2

by Mikyla Guisihan -
Number of replies: 0
  1. Choose one concept in our lesson today, give a brief explanation about the concept and cite how would you apply this learning in your everyday life.

One of the concepts I have learned in this lesson is about immunity, which refers to our body’s capability to protect itself from potentially harmful and foreign substances. It amazes me how our different body systems work together to defend against various pathogens and interact to perform their tasks properly. It made me realize that our bodies are precious and that we should care for them internally, not just physically. Our bodies do their best for us to live fruitfully and longer; thus, we should also do our best to maintain their functionality.

Furthermore, as I have become more aware of a body’s immunity, it made me more aware of the mechanisms of how we fight different viruses. This is still very relevant nowadays due to the existing threat of COVID-19. This lesson highlights how vaccines can improve our defense against infections, diseases, and viruses. Despite having innate (nonspecific) immunity, it is also vital for our body to familiarize itself with specific conditions/viruses to provide immediate and accurate responses.