Activity 2

SIBUG, Candice Dawn_Activity 2

SIBUG, Candice Dawn_Activity 2

by Candice Dawn Sibug -
Number of replies: 0

Choose one concept in our lesson today, give a brief explanation about the concept and cite how would you apply this learning in your everyday life.

• Inflammation is a nonspecific, defensive response of the body to tissue damage, which pathogens, abrasions, chemical irritations, distortion or disturbances of cells, and extreme temperatures may cause. Signs and symptoms of inflammation include redness, pain, heat, and swelling. As someone with skin allergies who experience inflamed, red bumps on my skin daily, I enjoyed learning about inflammation, as this is the first time I thoroughly learned about the stages of inflammatory response. I gained a lot of new learnings on how inflammation works inside the body step by step, knowing that every inflammatory response occurs in three stages, namely (1) vasodilation and increased permeability of blood vessels, (2) emigration of phagocytes, and (3) tissue repair. Learning this concept helped me be more informed of the process happening inside my body during an inflammatory response.