Video Presentations

Video link to HP211C_VP3_lopez_Oct7

Video link to HP211C_VP3_lopez_Oct7

by Alfredo Lopez -
Number of replies: 7
In reply to Alfredo Lopez

Re: Video link to HP211C_VP3_lopez_Oct7

by Alfonso Carlo Ancheta -
Thank you for this very informative and concise video about Progressivism. I agree that education should lean more towards to preparing our students to be a functional member of society as well as giving them the necessary skills and knowledge to survive the real world.

by Wilfredo Ypil -

Thanks for a very enlightening video on progressivism.  Health education utilizes such progressivist approach, and I feel that it should aptly so.  With this approach, we do not only produce health professionals with competence in their fields, but moreso, with social awareness and adept collaborative skills.

by Bien Francis Yap -
Thank you for this informative presentation on progressivism. Learners should indeed become adaptive to their environment in order to progress. In the ever changing progression of knowledge in the health professions, students (and even educators) should be able to readily accept new and innovative strategies in health care provision, and not cling into outdated practices.

Just like in the experiential learning theory, teachers should provide learning activities that cater the interests of the learner to provide meaningful experiences to be gained.

by Felice Katrina Trio-Ranche -
Thank you for this video. I liked how you described the history of how it was developed. I took the Jersin test in another class, and my result was overwhelmingly progressivist. I agree that the endpoint of all this effort should be students who will be productive members of society, especially if their education is funded by the state. The classroom is like a mini-society or a microcosm of the world outside.

by Gabriel Ian Guiao -
Thank you for this informative video! It's nice to know the roots of progressivism, the philosophy I subscribe and try to practice in teaching a very essentialist subject. In general, I believe such philosophy must be looked into and practiced carefully as progressivism is a leading theme towards this generation of learners. They do not fully subscribe to the idea that learning is confined in the four corners of the classroom (or a single streaming screen of their devices) but rather the world is the classroom, the world is our learning space.

by Marie Lynn Fama -
Hello Ame! Thank you for sharing a lot of knowledge about progressivism. I found it very interesting and admire the proponents for drawing up a philosophy that transcends history. It's a old educational philosophy that still finds its meaning today - problem based, team based and competency based approaches. Thank you for the learning:)

by Ma Amethyst Ypil -
Thank you for this presentation. I agree that since we live in a society our ultimate goal should be for the betterment of the society as a whole. Learning is better if learners learned through collaboration and experiences and are facilitated with the learned teachers.