Activity 2

PAULINO, Lettice Jeazle G. - Activity 2

PAULINO, Lettice Jeazle G. - Activity 2

by Lettice Jeazle Paulino -
Number of replies: 0

Choose one concept in our lesson today, give a brief explanation about the concept and cite how would you apply this learning in your everyday life.

In our lesson, the topic stress and immunity was the one that had me pondering about myself and my body. It has come to my knowledge that cortisol, a hormone secreted by the adrenal cortex as a stress response, inhibits immune system activity. The immune system is a very vital part in the overall health of one’s body and the hindrance of its activity would make the body susceptible to infections and diseases and will weaken its defense mechanisms. I will apply these learnings in my everyday life by reducing my stress levels. As a college freshman, the transition of the environment and the workload can be stressful. Also, some daily events such as commuting, especially during rush hour, can increase my stress levels. Now that I’ve learned how it can make my body and immune system weak, I plan to cultivate an optimistic outlook by avoiding dwelling on my problems and focus on finding a solution instead. I will also practice and improve my time management to avoid being overwhelmed by the tasks that need to be done. Lastly, I’ll also connect and socialize more with hilarious people I’ve met as I enter College. Talking and having fun with my friends will help me reduce stress levels and promote relaxation. I will employ these changes not only to myself but also to my mother who has been under a lot of stress lately. This topic will help the both of us to maintain our overall well-being and prevent stress from weakening our immune systems.