Activity 2

BRAVO, Serafin Marcus C. - Activity 2

BRAVO, Serafin Marcus C. - Activity 2

by Serafin Marcus Bravo -
Number of replies: 0

Choose one concept in our lesson today, give a brief explanation about the concept and cite how would you apply this learning in your everyday life.

Major Histocompatibility complex (MHC), also known as human leukocyte antigens are function by helping T cells recognize foreign antigens. MHC is unique and distinct to each individual unless they have an identical twin. These antigens are also responsible in rejecting or accepting organ or tissue transplantation. It is divided into two types MHC-I which is found inside the plasma membrane of all body cells except red blood cells and MHC-II which appear on surface of antigen-presenting cells (target cells).

I gained a sense of appreciation and admiration for my body because to this learning. The human body is truly an amazing self-regulating organism. The cost of an organ or tissue transplant is already high, so learning that certain donors may not be accepted is quite upsetting. Through this, I shall be more cautious because risks and hazards are still a part of daily life. I'll try my best to have a healthy lifestyle to foster a good immune system. Consequently, I continue to apply the saying, "prevention is better than cure". By doing ways to prevent unwanted consequences, I am able to enjoy life and not worry about what my body may go through when faced with injury or mishap.

Ultimately, my body is directly impacted by whatever I do, no matter how big or tiny it is. I therefore continue to cherish and care for my body by exercising caution and being a responsible person. In addition, I continue to respect other people's lives just as much as I do to myself.

Reference(s):

Tortora, G. J., & Derrickson, B. H. (2017). Tortora’s Principles of Anatomy & Physiology. Wiley.