Activity 2

CABUGSA, Rachelle Joy M.

CABUGSA, Rachelle Joy M.

by Rachelle Joy Cabugsa -
Number of replies: 0

Reflecting on the lessonĀ 

Choose one concept in our lesson today, give a brief explanation about the concept and cite how would you apply this learning in your everyday life.

Through the lectures and accomplishing the activity, I realized that though we have innate protection from our lymphatic system, abusing this protection and pushing ourselves to our limits may cause irreparable damage. When an area of the body is traumatized and, in extension, inflamed, there is a chance of our lymph junctions getting damaged. Likewise, I came to realize that though we have so many antibodies, phagocytes, and inflammatory mediators in our body, we still catch lots of ailments. A lot of our sicknesses really depend on extra vaccines, treatments, and healthy lifestyle choices that augment our immune responses. I also realized how terrifying it is to have an autoimmune disease wherein our body's complex defense mechanism attacks us instead. This lesson serves as a reminder to take care of one's health to optimize the physiological processes in our body and live a healthy, prosperous life.