Activity 2

ARZADON, Beatrice V.

ARZADON, Beatrice V.

by Beatrice Arzadon -
Number of replies: 0

The concept from the Lymphatic System lesson which I find most relevant in the contemporary times is the Adaptive Defense System, also known as the Specific Defense System. It is the type of defensive body mechanism which attacks foreign substances (pathogens) that have passed through the innate defense system. Its effectivity is made possible by first, being sensitized by an initial exposure to a foreign substance (antigen), then remembering which invaders it has fought through its specificity and memory. The adaptive defensive mechanism lacks in speed, although, the precision of its counterattacks are sublime. An example of an antigen are the vaccinations and immunizations we are to receive annually, which could help us surpass possible infections. As for daily life application, particularly as a nurse, I can apply this learning through including it in my future nursing teaching plans in lieu of increasing the vaccination administration rates, especially in rural communities with less access to health services. The importance of vaccinations was highly evident from what we have all experienced during the COVID-19 pandemic, however, the number of anti-vaccination raisers are still augmenting; in fact, fromĀ Ang Kwento ni Rosario, it has been shown that vaccinations were thought to solely cause "flu", which is partially true, however this is body's way of sensitizing the antigen (the flu is only an initial effect).