Activity 2. Reflection

MANAPOL, Mel Phillip D. — Activity 2. Reflection

MANAPOL, Mel Phillip D. — Activity 2. Reflection

by Mel Phillip Manapol -
Number of replies: 0

What major challenge do you think you will encounter in applying what you have learned from anatomy?

What are your plans to overcome this challenge?

Understanding the principles of anatomy and physiology is undoubtedly no walk in the park. To fully grasp this subject matter is akin to touching the bottom of the ocean — navigating its depths would only serve to increase the pressure. In other words, my main problem in dealing with anatomy and physiology is how large of a scope it possesses for just one semester; there are so many facts and terms to familiarize. More so, the information acquired would have to be sufficiently comprehended for it to be applied to bodily functions and processes. For example, the digestive system is one of the most comprehensive organ systems. Not only does it have an abundant number of main organs but multiple accessory organs as well. Furthermore, we would need to read about each organ’s histology, functions, and how all these concepts intertwine to complete the digestive processes within the body. In addition, there are usually applications outside the organ system itself, like how the gastrointestinal tract is regulated by the enteric nervous system and some parts of the autonomic nervous system. Nevertheless, I know that I cannot really do anything about the scope of anatomy and physiology. Ultimately, the breadth of knowledge that we learn here would end up aiding us as we explore the field of healthcare. Thus, in dark times, I just need to find the light that will guide me.

To address these problems I face, I need to gather more focus on being organized. To be more organized, I can always try to set realistic goals by assessing the circumstances at hand and prioritizing the appropriate topics to be studied. More so, I can make use of schedules, progress trackers, and to-do lists so that I can always know what to outline, what to summarize, and what to review. Additionally, I should often try to stock up on relevant data about anatomy and physiology and constantly be critical of the information I consume. With these objective methods, I can generate objective results. Still, I recognize that I am bound to make mistakes when doing these plans; nonetheless, there is no choice but to bounce back. When I occasionally trip and fall, I must always pick myself up every time. After all, this kind of lifestyle is a haven for improvement. Learning about our bodies is a road filled with twists and turns, but when you start to appreciate its capabilities, you would be surprised by what sprouts along the cracks.