Activity 2. Reflection

PAREJA, Austine Dave F. - Activity 2. Reflection

PAREJA, Austine Dave F. - Activity 2. Reflection

by Austine Dave Pareja -
Number of replies: 0

What major challenge do you think you will encounter in applying what you have learned from anatomy?

Learning anatomy and physiology has undeniably been both challenging and exhilarating. Having a profound knowledge of the body parts and their functions is what makes the course fascinating, but this entails grasping a wide variety of concepts and names of the body part, which is tough given the time constraints. Moreover, having myself being familiar with the structures of the body through visual representations would make it hard for me to determine specific body parts in real-life settings as I was used to seeing them in clear, vivid images as well as the chemical processes that happen in our body. Those, I believe are the things that I will encounter in applying what I have learned from anatomy and physiology.

What are your plans to overcome this challenge?

To overcome this challenge, aside from looking at the visual representations of the different body parts that we have discussed and tackled, I opt to look further into structure and appearance in a real body. In this way, I would be able to create a picture of the specific body part in my mind and I will be able to determine them easily when I encounter them in the future. Additionally, knowing their structure in real-life will help me be more familiar with and retain how they function because we have learned that the structure of a certain body part is related to its function.