Activity 2. Reflection

MAMAUAG, Erika Bernadette F._Activity 2: Reflection

MAMAUAG, Erika Bernadette F._Activity 2: Reflection

by Erika Bernadette Mamauag -
Number of replies: 0
  1. What major challenge do you think you will encounter in applying what you have learned from anatomy?

Even though materials are readily available for us online, the lack of physical instruction was a big challenge for me. I encountered the Anatomy and Physiology (AnaPhy) course during 12th grade, and I still know and remember some terms and mechanisms. However, up until now, I still need help with some physiological mechanisms since it requires a thorough understanding of the systems. It was a reset for me because, as someone who already got comfortable with online classes, my memory was not as great as before. The online classes made me unmotivated because I knew the materials were always available online. I also had difficulty adjusting to a broader scope of systems study. The AnaPhy I learned before is the same as now, but at the same time, it is different

1. What are your plans to overcome this challenge?

Well, I believe that this is an obstacle I had to overcome, not just because I need to but because I want to. During the first few weeks of college, I struggled to adjust and find the motivation to be productive. I had to pull myself together, stay away from distractions, and drink lots of caffeine to do all the tasks. Since I am still adjusting to the "college" AnaPhy, I plan to maximize the available resources to study. I adapted a new study routine that could help me to overcome the challenge of being unmotivated. I also challenge myself to study with other people because, in that way, I will be able to focus on the task at hand if I see them focusing on their work. I also read daily so I can retain more information in my brain.