Activity 2

REMOLONA, Ezra Alexandra E. - Activity 2

REMOLONA, Ezra Alexandra E. - Activity 2

by Ezra Alexandra Remolona -
Number of replies: 0

In relation to the lymphatic system, I found myself relatable on the concept of stress and immunity. Our thoughts, sentiments, behaviors, and beliefs affect our degree of health and the severity of sickness, just as psychoneuroimmunology determined. For instance, the immune system gets inhibited by the hormone cortisol, which would be released by the adrenal cortex in connection with its response to stress. As for my personal take, I can indeed agree on the ideology on how everything we do gets linked to our own immunity. I had observed several hormonal and immunity changes from the transition period of pre-pandemic to the pandemic life. With the academic setting adjustment, at first, my body did not respond as positive as I thought. I started developing acne breakouts, sudden mood changes, sleep paralysis, and insomnia (made me regularly sick as compared before) brought about by the heavy workload and physical isolation from classmates. Eventually, I got the hang of it and started feeling better, and such instances started to decrease. Apparently, I am now in college transitioning from online classes to face-to-face classes. Hopefully, with the knowledge I garnered from this topic, it would be an easier path for me to adapt to a new academic system while balancing studies and monitoring my health.