Activity 2

PAREJA, Austine Dave F. - Activity 2

PAREJA, Austine Dave F. - Activity 2

by Austine Dave Pareja -
Number of replies: 0

Reflecting on the lesson

Choose one concept in our lesson today, give a brief explanation about the concept and cite how would you apply this learning in your everyday life.

One of the concepts that I was interested in learning is the effect of stress on immunity. In this lesson, I have learned that the lymphatic system plays a role in immunity as it assists in circulating body fluids and helps defend the body against disease-causing agents. However, our lifestyle greatly affects the immune functions of our bodies. Certain activities such as drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes when we are stressed cause detrimental effects on our immune system, which compromises our immunity to certain disease-causing agents. On the other hand, when we are under stress some activities such as eating well and exercising are less likely to be done, but these enhance the immunity activity of our body. Personally, this is very helpful knowledge because I encounter stress on a daily basis, and having a proper and positive lifestyle might not be hard to attain, but now that I know how stress and immunity are affected, I will improve my lifestyle in order for my immune system to be improved - that includes having enough sleep, relaxing, having a positive perspective in life, and others.