Activity 2

PUNTANAR, Aira Marie R. - Activity 2

PUNTANAR, Aira Marie R. - Activity 2

by Aira Marie Puntanar -
Number of replies: 0

Reflecting on the lesson

Choose one concept in our lesson today, give a brief explanation about the concept and cite how would you apply this learning in your everyday life.

The importance of the lymphatic system to immunity is emphasized in this week’s lesson.  The lymphatic system aids in the circulation of body fluids and defends the body against disease-causing agents through the production of immune cells such as lymphocytes, neutrophils, and macrophages. As I entered college, there were times that I did not listen to the needs of my body and instead pushed myself too much to perform the various tasks I needed to finish. However, the topic served as an eye-opener of the fact that when we are under stress, we are less likely to eat three meals a day or exercise regularly — these two are key components in enhancing our immune system. Inefficient management of stress and depriving ourselves of the rest we need may therefore weaken our immune system and cause us to be more susceptible to diseases. With this, I will be giving my utmost effort to apply this learning in my everyday life by finding time for sleep and relaxation despite the amount of workload.