Activity 2

FABABIER, Kynier R. - Activity 2

FABABIER, Kynier R. - Activity 2

by Kynier Fababier -
Number of replies: 0

Choose one concept from our lesson today, give a brief explanation of the concept, and cite how you would apply this learning in your everyday life.

One of the concepts that struck me is how stress and immunity are connected and important to lymphatic homeostasis. Basically, it discusses how stress may enhance or compromise immunity. People generally change their health habits differently when subjected to stress. Some tend to exercise regularly or eat much less (avoiding overeating), which enhances their immunity. On the other hand, some consume more alcohol and smoke cigarettes, which deteriorate their optimal immune functions. Moreover, I learned that short-term stress may stimulate immune activity, but chronic stress may suppress one’s defensive immune responses and worsen pathological immune responses.

I would apply this learning in my everyday life by remembering the importance of monitoring our daily activities, moods, thoughts, and even beliefs to maintain lymphatic homeostasis and body functions. I will ensure that I get adequate relaxation and sleep, which are vital for a healthy immune system. I will also cultivate more optimistic outlooks in life to assist myself in gaining control, particularly in stressful situations. Finally, I will remember that my immune responses can always be compromised by my health habits; thus, I will do better in many aspects, such as eating proper meals and exercising regularly.