Activity 2

VALERA, Katelyn B._Activity 2

VALERA, Katelyn B._Activity 2

by Katelyn Valera -
Number of replies: 0

Choose one concept in our lesson today, give a brief explanation about the concept and cite how would you apply this learning in your everyday life.

When it comes to the lymphatic system, the concept that I appreciate the most would be its role in defending our body against too much damage and infections. Before, this system was not really talked about and it was often left out whenever we were to count the number of body systems we have; however, due to changing times and extensive research, people are now giving focus to the lymphatic system and its role in our body’s immunity. 

With that being said, it is really fascinating how the lymphatic system is able to protect us through different levels or types of defenses. We have both innate or nonspecific immunity and adaptive immunity, both of which forms our body’s defenses against damage and infections caused by specific pathogens. For innate immunity, we have structures that provide both physical and chemical barriers that will protect our bodies from pathogens and foreign substances, whereas for nonspecific immunity, we have specific cells for defense against specific pathogens from the first encounter, down to the next. From just the concept of immunity provided by the lymphatic system, I was able to better realize how the said system is able to protect my body against illnesses and instill in myself that though I have these defenses on and within me, I should still play my part in boosting my body’s ability to stay healthy and strong.