Activity 2

DIMAUNAHAN, Charlize Noelle Z._Activity 2

DIMAUNAHAN, Charlize Noelle Z._Activity 2

by Charlize Noelle Dimaunahan -
Number of replies: 0

The lymphatic system has three primary functions: maintain fluid balance in the internal environment, transport dietary lipids, and carry out immune responses. However, out of these three. the one that I find most important is the third one, especially in these times of the COVID-19 pandemic. Immunity is the body’s ability to resist or eliminate potentially harmful foreign materials or abnormal cells through defense against invading pathogens, identification and destruction of abnormal or mutant cells, and rejection of foreign cells. 

With these concepts, I am reminded that despite having both nonspecific and specific immunity, my health and well-being are still largely dependent on how I choose to take care of myself: the type of food I choose to eat, the amount of exercise I do, and the precautions i take to prevent transmitting diseases. Having said this, I am proud and glad to say that I have never been positive for the corona virus and that I have remained in good condition despite the limitations set forth by lockdown and quarantine guidelines the past 2 years. Now, because of our lesson, I am more aware of how my body will respond in certain situations, which will help me prevent or alleviate their effects on me.