Activity 2

SANTUYO, Rica Lianne L. - Activity 2

SANTUYO, Rica Lianne L. - Activity 2

by Rica Lianne Santuyo -
Number of replies: 0

Reflecting on the lesson: Choose one concept in our lesson today, give a brief explanation about the concept and cite how would you apply this learning in your everyday life.

One of the topics that caught my attention is the linkage between stress and immunity. Indeed, when work and stress pile up, our routine and health habits can change. When stressed, they are less likely to eat well and exercise, making them more likely to get sick. In short, bad health habits caused by stress affect our immune system. When we get sick, we lose our ability to perform our tasks and focus, which is very counterproductive to why we stress ourselves in the first place.

Admittingly, I tend to work myself up because of my personal life and academics; thus, I am stressed most of the time. This part of the module reminded me that I should take care of myself and let myself have a break from time to time. Because if we do not take a break on our own, our body will take a break for us. Recovery from getting sick is much harder than avoiding getting sick. And just like one of the lymphatic system's functions, which is to reach stability through the balance of every fluid in our body, we have to balance every aspect of our lives so that we can function well enough to reach our highest potential.