Activity 2

ESTOPACE_A.L_Activity 2

ESTOPACE_A.L_Activity 2

by Ani Laya Estopace -
Number of replies: 0

With all the components regarding the Lymphatic System, the lesson about the system’s ability of self-tolerance and recognition is such a discrete yet vital component of the whole lymphoid system. Self tolerance is the immune system's ability to recognize while correctly identifying self-produced antigens as a non-threat responding to foreign substances. Its mechanisms are significant in acting against cancer and autoimmune diseases.

The development of lymphocytes activate receptor sequences that cause recombination and pairing of immunoglobulin heavy and light chains at random. This results in the creation of a broad variety of receptors, a significant proportion of which can bind to native antigens. This precise action causes the body to recognize its own molecules as foreign, triggering an immunological response. Lymphocyte tolerance is accomplished by screening checkpoints known as self-tolerance as cells reach homeostasis. These checkpoints detect cells that are reactive and they are shed through the process of Apoptosis. The overall balance of immune defense and self-tolerance is essential for good physiological function and health. 

With this, it is critical to maintain a healthy lifestyle that can strengthen the overall lymphatic system, which can aid in the general well-being of any individual. As an aspiring nurse, it is important to maintain one's own health in order to promote health and provide services to others. Exercise and eating a nutritious diet would help my health in the long run. Hydrating myself would also allow the lymph to circulate more easily throughout the body. Simple actions like this can help me preserve my health in a career that demands peak performance. 

LITERATURE USED

Biopharma, A. (2022, July 20). Self-tolerance in antibody production. https://www.abyntek.com/self-tolerance-in-antibody-production/?lang=en 

Tortora, G. J., & Derrickson, B. H. (2017). Tortora’s Principles of Anatomy & Physiology. Wiley.