Activity 2. Reflection

REMOLONA - Activity 2. Reflection

REMOLONA - Activity 2. Reflection

by Ezra Alexandra Remolona -
Number of replies: 0

What major challenge do you think you will encounter in applying what you have learned from anatomy?

As the foundation of every educational program, especially in nursing, understanding anatomy is crucial for clinical practice. In this regard, I’m still concerned about how I will try to envision many components of the human body when I apply anatomy to practice. These aspects are too intricate and complex to comprehend without functional visual interpretations. As familiarizing and completely comprehending the human body takes time and may entail first-hand experience in studying them, after roughly three months of learning anatomy, I still lack the confidence to apply it to other relevant nursing disciplines. Moreover, memory retention is also a challenge. Even with hours of daily studying, I can only partially guarantee that I will recall all the body parts I have learned. As I am still making continuous progress in inputting knowledge from my short-term to long-term memory, I still need to work on applying human anatomy to practice.

What are your plans to overcome this challenge?

As I find studying human anatomy and physiology an exciting approach, I will continue studying even after this course ends. As a visual learner, exploring and observing various videos simulating the actual medical practice of anatomy and learning about the subject can further spark my interest in analyzing it. Additionally, practicing spaced repetition and other methods for long-term memory could aid me in deeper learning.