Activity 2. Reflection

REYES, Francene Joyce C. - Reflection

REYES, Francene Joyce C. - Reflection

by Francene Joyce Reyes -
Number of replies: 0
  1. What major challenge do you think you will encounter in applying what you have learned from anatomy?

Based on my experiences in studying Anatomy and Physiology, I think that one of the most challenging tasks that I will encounter is retaining a huge amount of information. This course requires a lot of concentration and memorization since it studies not only the various structures in the body, but also each of their functions and mechanisms. As time passes by, I think it will definitely be difficult to remember all of the specific details and concepts in each body system that was discussed. Within just a few days or weeks of studying a specific body system, I find myself already forgetting some of the most important terms and concepts. 

Other than retaining and memorizing, another major challenge for me is comprehension. In the future, when patient interaction starts, memorization alone will not be the key to providing what the patient needs, but also understanding individual differences and similarities. I think it will be quite challenging to understand how each body system differs from one person to another and how to provide care when faced with these different kinds of situations. In my opinion, AnaPhy should not only be based solely on the information written on textbooks, but also on our own understanding of the concepts towards real life application.

1. What are your plans to overcome this challenge?

Both memorization and comprehension cannot be done overnight, which is why I plan to take one step at a time when I encounter difficulties in studying AnaPhy. During the first few weeks of college, I really struggled in keeping up with all of the lessons, especially since it was very fast-paced. I plan to adjust my study routine and manage my time properly in order to make the most out of every study session. Additionally, since I am a visual learner, I plan to study this subject further using detailed pictures, diagrams, and even 3D models. I have been fully taking online classes for more than two years now, which makes it harder for me to gain access to the models that are usually shown in face-to-face classes. However, I plan to take advantage of technology and make use of different online resources and applications that will make studying easier for me. For the past few months, I have been utilizing flash cards, YouTube videos, and handwritten annotations on my reviewers to help me overcome these challenges.