Activity 2

ANACLETO, Meg Althea U._Activity 2

ANACLETO, Meg Althea U._Activity 2

by Meg Althea Anacleto -
Number of replies: 0

Choose one concept in our lesson today, give a brief explanation about the concept and cite how would you apply this learning in your everyday life.

In the Philippines, getting sick is not an option. Medical fees for consultation, prescription medication, and treatment are expensive, especially in private health facilities, which is why it is much more important to take care of our health. Through the discoveries in the field of psychoneuroimmunology (PNI), I was able to learn that a negative lifestyle has a detrimental effect on internal health. Prolonged stress, lack of sleep and exercise, and inadequate nutrition decrease the body’s immunity and make us more susceptible to contracting diseases. As a college student, I admit that I tend to neglect my health at times as I struggle to balance academic demands with my personal needs. As I have learned in nursing so far, prevention is better than cure which is why I need to recognize the bad habits that I have developed and incorporate more healthy practices in my lifestyle in order to maintain a healthy bodily state.