Announcements

[Unit 2: Oxygenation] Reminders

[Unit 2: Oxygenation] Reminders

by Laurence Lloyd Parial -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone, 

I hope everyone is well and safe, especially in this sunny (finally) day.

As advised, you will having an online session with Dr. Manahan on Sept 10. Please refer to the previous announcement for the link. 

Meanwhile, Unit 2 (Oxygenation) will be facilitate ONSITE at UPCN (Rm 309) by Former Dean and Prof. Araceli Balabagno on September 17, 24, and October 01. As preparation for the sessions, please read Units 7, 8, and 9 in Porth's pathophysiology book, which will cover the three major topics (Alterations in respiration, cardiovascular function, and perfusion). Please refer to our course schedule for the template cases to be covered per week. 

[APA citation: Norris, T. (2019). Porth’s pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States, 10th edition. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer.]

If you prefer to access soft copies of particular book chapters/units through the UPCN library, kindly refer to my previous announcement. If you further questions or clarifications, please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Thank you, and all the best! 

Regards,

Laurence (on behalf of the N204 team)

In reply to Laurence Lloyd Parial

Re: [Unit 2: Oxygenation] Reminders

Hi everyone! Group case analysis and individual assignment/worksheets are now posted under Unit 2 (Oxyegnation). Please feel free to message for further questions/clarifications. Thank you!

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well.

This is a reminder regarding your ONSITE class on Unit 2 on September 17 (Rm 309) with Dean Araceli Balabagno. Please prepare an interactive session, and read/reflect on the following topics: (1) ensuring adequate oxygenation in a person with mechanical ventilator and (2) managing ventilator associated pneumonia and bundles of care. Kindly take note that these are formative activities, and aims for everyone to learn from one another.

Thanks, and see you!

Hi, everyone!

We hope you are all doing well.

This a gentle reminder regarding your ONSITE session with Prof. Araceli O. Balabagno on September 24, 2024 (1-4 PM) at Room 309. 

Kindly refer to the following supplementary learning materials: 

1. Effectiveness of nurse-led heart failure clinic: A systematic review: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352013224000516
  2. Impact of a Nurse-Led Multidisciplinary Heart Failure Clinic in a Low-Resource Setting: Experience in a Latin American Public Healthcare System: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2589790X23000872
  3. 2022 AHA/ACC/HFSA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Joint Committee on Clinical Practice Guidelines: https://www.jacc.org/doi/10.1016/j.jacc.2021.12.012

Thanks, and see you!