Activity 2

SOLMORO, Keona Malia

SOLMORO, Keona Malia

by Keona Malia Solmoro -
Number of replies: 0

Reflecting on the lesson

Choose one concept in our lesson today, give a brief explanation about the concept and cite how would you apply this learning in your everyday life.

A concept I found easily relatable while reading for this lesson in our book, is the relationship between stress and immunity. Being a freshman in college, I can attest that the workload, the new environment and even the new people can add a certain level of stress and pressure on the average student. Under this concept, it was stated that caring for yourself such as having adequate sleep and relaxation and ultimately maintaining a balance between work and life is important for my immunity and health too. Those who are stressed will often experience negative health effects as a result. Since I am a student, stress is relatively a part of my everyday life. I can apply this learning by just taking time in a day to relax and unwind and take time to myself. I’m finding this concept particularly important, since I was recently sick during this first semester and so have many of my friends due to our tendency to overwork and overlook our own needs. 

References:

Tortora, G. J., & Derrickson, B. (2017). Principles of anatomy and physiology (15th ed.). Wiley.