Activity 2

JULIAN, Jersten Aliniah S. - Activity 2

JULIAN, Jersten Aliniah S. - Activity 2

by Jersten Aliniah Julian -
Number of replies: 0

Choose one concept in our lesson today, give a brief explanation about the concept and cite how would you apply this learning in your everyday life.

A concept in our lesson today which I was greatly interested in is the body’s innate (nonspecific) immunity. For me, it’s really impressive and interesting how the body has natural multiple lines of defenses which they are born into. The body’s innate immunity has two lines of defenses the first one being the skin and mucous membranes while the second one are the internal defenses which includes antimicrobial substances, natural killing cells, phagocytes, inflammation, and fever.

In my perspective, by learning of these innate defenses, I am reminded to make sure that my body has all the nutrients and energy it needs daily to be able to combat any possible microbes or bacteria that I encounter everyday amidst the currently polluted environment our country, if not the world, has. In addition, by learning of all of these mechanisms that the body is able to do just to protect my body, I am reminded to be more careful and to not take advantage of my body to ensure that my innate immune system will not weaken as this may cause even more health problems.