A special training program in information and communications technology (ICT) for School of Health Sciences (SHS) in Palo, Koronadal, and Baler.
The program generally aims to enhance the knowledge and skills of SHS staff in making use of mostly Linux-based computers and related technologies to facilitate their day-to-day office and school activities. Specifically, the program aims to equip the participants with the following capabilities:
- Configure a computer desktop according to user's/office's needs/preferences/context
- Create, edit and export office documents using LibreOffice
- Come up with files management schemes according to office's needs/context
- Troubleshoot basic problems encountered in using computers
- Use the Internet resources (email and websites) with office productivity in mind
- Set up and maintain a local area network with shared Internet connection